Cloth Diaper Care
Wash the polyester at least once and the natural fibres like Organic Cotton 5-6 times before the first use.
Storage of used diapers
- The used diapers can be kept in a Wet bag, Diaper pail or a bucket with a lid.
- Remove as much poop as possible before storing. Use a hand sprayer (hand faucet) or a tap to remove the solids before storage.
- Any diaper that has even little amount of water is preferred to be kept open, in a open bucket, line dried or kept in a wet bag till it is washed, to avoid growth of bacteria and fungi.
- The diapers with only pee can be kept just like that or can be rinsed before storing. Note that delicate fibres like bamboo, hemp etc., will deteriorate if kept moist for long.
- One can store the used diapers for a max of 2 days before it is laundered.
- Detergent to be used for wash should not have any additives or softeners. No bleach.
Machine wash routine
- Pre-wash cold with 1/3rd the amount of detergent
- Full routine warm wash (about 40°C) with enough amount of detergent.
- Line dry the Diaper covers and wet bags.
- Tumble dry the rest on Low.
Hand wash routine
- Rinse the diaper with frequent agitation.
- Soak in warm water with detergent for about 20-30 minutes.
- Hand wash the diaper by scrubbing it thoroughly. For persistent stains, apply a paste of detergent and leave it for 20-30 minutes and then wash as usual.
- Rinse with warm/cold water till you don’t see any ruminants of soap.
- Line dry or tumble dry on low.
- Sun dry the diapers as and when possible. It is a natural disinfectant and the stains just vanish.
- Note that cotton tends to get stiff when exposed to sun. Dry it in shade for a softer cotton.
- Do not use any rash cream. A good essential oil like Virgin Coconut oil will do wonders.